Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Cartier <rc...@snet.net> on 2002/12/30 12:44:16 UTC

Warning: messages in catalina.out

I am little concerned about Warning messages I see in my
catalina.out file. The pages appear to be fine but I get these
messages quite a bit. Are these session timeout and restart messages?

Dec 29, 2002 6:33:10 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
WARNING: server has closed the current connection (-1)
Dec 29, 2002 6:33:10 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
WARNING: server has closed the current connection (-1)

Also during startup the following entry is in the file

INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
mod_jk location: libexec/mod_jk.so
Make sure it is installed corectly or  set the config location
Using <ApacheConfig modJk="PATH_TO_MOD_JK.SO_OR_DLL" />

Is this because it is inccorectly configured?

Thanks in advance

Rob Cartier

Re: Warning: messages in catalina.out

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
The first one is usually just that the client hit the "stop" button in the
browser.  At the moment, the AJP13 protocol doesn't support out-of-band
messages to tell Tomcat about this, so it just drops the connection instead.

The second one is just a warning (which will at least be correct in 4.1.19
:) that the auto-config listener is guessing the location of mod_jk.so/dll.
If it's working, you can ignore it.