Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@apache.org> on 2016/02/01 22:45:27 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Hive 2.0.0 Release Candidate 0

Apache Hive 2.0.0 Release Candidate 0 is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~sershe/hive-2.0.0-RC0/

Maven artifacts are available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-1041/

Source tag for RC0 (github mirror) is:
https://github.com/apache/hive/releases/tag/release-2.0.0-rc0
(https://github.com/apache/hive/commit/b45f4c69f0c8853d9faea2dac8523517d283
91d3)

Voting will conclude in 72 hours.

Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.
Note that this is the first Apache release that I’m making; I hope
everything is correct...

Thanks.

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.
The RC0 is sunk, the VOTE is over.

From: Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 10:43
To: "dev@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <de...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 2.0.0 Release Candidate 0

-1.

There's a jar file in the src distribution, ./data/files/identity_udf.jar  We can't have any binary files in the src distribution.

When I do:
mvn install -DskipTests -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/gates/tmp/hive/m2

I get:
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.hive:hive:2.0.0 (/Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml) has 7 errors
[ERROR]     Child module /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/hplsql of /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]     Child module /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/orc of /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]     Child module /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/llap-common of /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]     Child module /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/llap-client of /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]     Child module /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/llap-tez of /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]     Child module /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/llap-server of /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]     Child module /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/storage-api of /Users/gates/tmp/hive/apache-hive-2.0.0-src/pom.xml does not exist

[cid:part1.06060902.02000709@gmail.com]
Sergey Shelukhin<ma...@apache.org>
February 1, 2016 at 13:45

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
-1.

Posted by Dmitry Tolpeko <dm...@gmail.com>.
Antlr3 and Antlr4 are like different products (think of Hadoop 1 and 2), I
believe it is impossible to migrate Hive without significant rewrite. When
Hplsql starts it loads 4.5 version, while Hive loads version 3.

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Tolpeko <dm...@gmail.com>.
Sergey,

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.