Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Markus Wiederkehr <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/11 10:25:55 UTC

Setting a page property after restarting the engine

Hi all,

my application supports automatic login based on various criteria. But
when a user deliberately signs off the automatic login attempt should
be skipped and a login form should be displayed instead.

So basically I am looking for a way to set a page property after
invoking Engine.restart(). Is this possible?

Markus

Re: Setting a page property after restarting the engine

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Markus Wiederkehr <markus.wiederkehr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> my application supports automatic login based on various criteria. But
> when a user deliberately signs off the automatic login attempt should
> be skipped and a login form should be displayed instead.
>
> So basically I am looking for a way to set a page property after
> invoking Engine.restart(). Is this possible?

The only way I can think of is not to call Engine.restart(). Instead,
just set mark the user has unauthenticated (eg, the Visit to null
or set the User id in the Visit to null, depending on how your app
remembers the current user). Do not invalidate the session. Then
you can just set the property of your Login page and then activate
it.