Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Matt Brock <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/31 17:52:12 UTC

Redirect after Post = no parameters, no save

Using: Tap 4.02 / Hibernate

I've tried to implement the redirect-after-post method mentioned on Howard's
blog, but have only been marginally successful.

It redirects just fine.  But it doesn't actually commit any changes to the
database.  Further, page parameters are not passed to the subsequent page
when using the the PAGE service, thus I'm forced to use the external page
service and manually encode the parameters.  If that were the only problem I
could deal with it, but the not saving issue is a show-stopper.

Is this because the Hibernate listeners are not being fired by the ILink
service?  Do I have to create my own custom ILink implementation that fires
all the listeners like the IPage service does?  Has anyone come up with any
way to get redirect-after-post working with Tap4/Hibernate?

Re: Redirect after Post = no parameters, no save

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
<quote>
Further, page parameters are not passed to the subsequent page
when using the the PAGE service
</quote>

I think he's trying to do the redirect before processing the data !

Marcus.Schulte@bmw.ch wrote:
> Depends on what kind of Tapestry/Hibernate Integration you're actually
> using. Where is you session committed? Do you throw a RedirectException
> to redirect or do you return an ILink?

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / J2EE Consulting

RE: Redirect after Post = no parameters, no save

Posted by Matt Brock <br...@gmail.com>.

Marcus.Schulte wrote:

> Depends on what kind of Tapestry/Hibernate Integration you're actually
> using. Where is you session committed? Do you throw a RedirectException
> to redirect or do you return an ILink?

Returning an ILink.  The session is committed before the submit method
returns.  Or at least, it should be.  When returning an ILink, it appears
that none of the listeners are fired.

Re: Tapestry https

Posted by Numa Schmeder <nu...@euroconsumers.com>.
You can buy a certificate if you need a valid one, but you can
generate a test certificate.

keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -keystore [nameofkeystore]

It will be created in bin directory of the JDK

You will then need to configure a connector supporting ssl in web.xml

<Connector port="8443"
                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
                acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

Then tomcat supports https.

Now for Tapestry You just need a redirect, for that I use a class
that implements PageValidateListener :

public void pageValidate(PageEvent event)
     {
     	   // ssl?
         RequestContext requestContext = event.getRequestCycle
().getRequestContext();
         if (!requestContext.getScheme().equals("https"))
         {
             // no, so redirect
             String url = "https://" + requestContext.getServerName();
             if (requestContext.getServerPort() == 8080)
             {
                 url += ":8443"; // to handle debugging
             }
             url += requestContext.getRequestURI();
             if (requestContext.getRequest().getQueryString() != null)
             url += "?" + requestContext.getRequest().getQueryString();
             throw new RedirectException(url);
         }

All pages that must be behind https must subclass this class.  And
that's all

I hope that will help.

Nuam

Le 1 févr. 07 à 12:06, cedric.brajus@vallourec.fr a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I develop application with tapestry 3 and now my customer would
> like used
> https://
> I never put this protocol in practice. My application server  is
> tomcat
> 5.0.28 and Redhat.
> Have you preconization to do this ?
>
> I searched on the web, I think that I must install Apache and buy
> VerySign
> Certificat .. yes or no ?
> my second question is which must I make with Tapestry  ?
>

> Cordialement - Best regards
>
> BRAJUS Cédric
> SETVAL-CTIV
> http://www.ctiv.vallourec.fr/
> Office : + 33 (0)3 27 22 76 67
>    Fax : + 33 (0)3 27 22 23 00
>

> <Ma...@bmw.ch>
> 01/02/2007 09:34
> Veuillez répondre à
> "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>

> <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Objet
> RE: Redirect after Post = no parameters, no save
>

> Depends on what kind of Tapestry/Hibernate Integration you're actually
> using. Where is you session committed? Do you throw a
> RedirectException
> to redirect or do you return an ILink?

Tapestry https

Posted by ce...@vallourec.fr.