Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/01 19:52:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.45

The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.45 release is now available for voting.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.45/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1061/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_45/

The proposed 6.0.45 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.45 Stable

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.45

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: markt, remm, violetagg, jfclere

This vote therefore passes.

Thanks to every one who tested and/or voted.
I'll start the final release steps shortly.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.45

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.45 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.45/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1061/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_45/
>
> The proposed 6.0.45 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.45 Stable

Regards,
Violeta

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 02/01/2016 07:52 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.45 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.45/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1061/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_45/
>
> The proposed 6.0.45 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.45 Stable

So I will go ahead and release.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/02/2016 13:37, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> On 02/03/2016 02:22 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 01/02/2016 18:52, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.45 release is now available for voting.
>>>
>>> It can be obtained from:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.45/
>>> The Maven staging repo is:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1061/
>>> The svn tag is:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_45/
>>>
>>> The proposed 6.0.45 release is:
>>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>>> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.45 Stable
>>
>> I ran the Servlet 2.5 TCK and observed the following issues:
>> - Running Tomcat on latest Java 5 failed due to JRE XML processing
>>   bugs. I ran Tomcat with the latest Java 6
>
> I have run it with jdk1.5.0_22 there isn't any problem.

Odd. I was using Oracle's 1.5.0_22 JDK for 64-bit Windows. I'm not
concerned enough about this to want to dig deeper.

>> - Running with the security manager enabled blocked / broke multiple
>>   tests. This is expected.
>> - The signature test failed (I never did get this working for Tomcat 6)
>
> Same here.
>
>> - Running without the security manager fixed most of the broken tests
>> - The remaining failure was because we always add some custom init
>>   params to the servlet context
>>
>> I ran the JSP 2.1 TCK and observed the following issues:
>> - Need to run with Jasper's dev mode disabled
>> - Need to run with tldValidation disabled
>
> And you have the signature test failed there too, correct?

No, that passed. I have a vague recollection of spending a silly amount
of time figuring out how to configure the TCK correctly to get this to
pass but it was so long ago I don't recall what I had to change.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.45

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.