Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/10/02 03:11:35 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Trivial Update of "DataImportHandlerFaq" by DanielLoNigro

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "DataImportHandlerFaq" page has been changed by DanielLoNigro:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq?action=diff&rev1=18&rev2=19

Comment:
Add comment about MSSQL default setting changing in 1.2

  === I'm using DataImportHandler with MS SQL Server database with sqljdbc driver. DataImportHandler is going out of memory. I tried adjustng the batchSize values but they don't seem to make any difference. How do I fix this? ===
  There's a connection property called responseBuffering in the sqljdbc driver whose default value is "full" which causes the entire result set to be fetched. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378988.aspx for more details. You can set this property to "adaptive" to keep the driver from getting everything into memory. Connection properties like this can be set as an attribute (responseBuffering="adaptive") in the dataSource configuration OR directly in the jdbc url specified in DataImportHandler's dataSource configuration.
+
+ Note that this is not an issue since version 1.2 of the SQL Server JDBC driver. Since version 1.2, "adaptive" is the default setting for responseBuffering.

  === Is it possible to use core properties inside data-config xml? ===
  If you define the property inside of your <core/> in solr.xml then you can refer to the property in your data-config.xml file directly.  However if you define it in the <solr/> level, so that it applies to multiple cores, then you need to use the technique below: