Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Travis McCauley <tw...@virginia.edu> on 2003/03/04 19:48:52 UTC

Palette Select cell sort order

Hi,

I am using the Palette component with great glee.  It's really neat.
But I need help with the sort order in the Select cell. When the form
is submitted the resulting selectedItems List correctly reflects the
sort order specified by the user in the Palette. But when the Palette
renders a second time with the same List bound to Palette's
'selected' parameter, the items go back to being ordered by 'value'.
How do I get the correct order to come back up?

Travis McCauley
University of Virginia Library

RE: Palette Select cell sort order

Posted by Travis McCauley <tw...@virginia.edu>.
>Are you setting the sort parameter of the Palette?

Yes I'm setting it to org.apache.tapestry.contrib.palette.SortMode.USER

>Actually, there may be a bug.  I think the items end up in the order
>specified by the model even when manual sorting is enabled.

Yes that seems to be the case. If it matters, I'm using the
EntitySelectionModel for the model.

>You'll need to
>add a bug (to BugZilla).

done.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Are you setting the sort parameter of the Palette?

Actually, there may be a bug.  I think the items end up in the order
specified by the model even when manual sorting is enabled.  You'll need to
add a bug (to BugZilla).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components