Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net> on 2004/06/17 20:48:45 UTC

Removal of $Id$

To date, we've been very dilligent about putting $Id$ in our source files.

I think that this is a mistake and am starting to remove them.

Why?  As David Thomas points out in "Pragmattic Version Control", the $Id$ tag adds no real
usefulness and the data therein is always available from CVS and/or the IDE.  On the other hand, it
causes pain whenever trying to merge versions of a file, such as porting into our out of a branch.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Removal of $Id$

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jun 17, 2004, at 2:48 PM, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> To date, we've been very dilligent about putting $Id$ in our source
> files.
>
> I think that this is a mistake and am starting to remove them.

Good riddens!!!  :)