Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/08 18:50:49 UTC

Party IDs

Hi,

I see some party IDs are like 10000 and others have text like DHL.  Why is
it like this??  How do I change it?  Is there a best practices that I need
to follow when inserting IDs (if it can be done)?

Brendan

Re: Party IDs

Posted by Jim Barrows <ji...@gmail.com>.
That's because the answers are there!
If you don't like the docs.. help change them :)

--
James A Barrows

Re: Party IDs

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
As the creator of ofbiz says, and I agree
learning ofbiz is a 1-4 year endeavor.
especially if you want to modify it.

and yes it takes a while to learn the lingo.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/10/2007 6:50 AM:

RE: Party IDs

Posted by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Party IDs

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

RE: Party IDs

Posted by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com>.
No not that I know what Skype is!!!  I meant the training.

Posted by Jim Barrows <ji...@gmail.com>.
Google skype.

Re: Party IDs

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Brendan Vogt wrote:

>How much are we talking here?  Remember I have been without work since end
>of October.

That would be between you and them, but I have seen prices normally
a.bove $100US/hour for a several hours of training. It really depends
upon what you are trying to do. Are you doing this as a future career
path? You may have to invest or get some investors to come up with some
capital for you to get up to speed in a reasonable time period. Or not.
Your call.

RE: Party IDs

Posted by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Party IDs

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.

RE: Party IDs

Posted by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com>.
I'm from South Africa.

Re: Party IDs

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.

RE: Party IDs

Posted by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Walter.

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.

Re: Party IDs

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Brendan Vogt wrote:

>How do I delete a party?  I can see any delete buttons.

Because by definition you should not ever be able to do that. Or rather
an end user.

You as an administrator could using back end tools it's possible to do
so manually. But you really need to learn the data model. Have you
gotten the data model books and really read them?

Your questions are the same ones I had a year or so ago. You *really*
need to engage hotwaxmedia or opensourcestrategies for a couple hour
tutorial on these things.

--
Walter

RE: Party IDs

Posted by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com>.
How do I delete a party?  I can see any delete buttons.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

RE: Party IDs

--
Vikas Mayur