Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pa...@rta.nsw.gov.au on 2000/07/26 01:26:02 UTC

Printing

     I am using shaded areas to provide boxes and although it is displayed correctly in Acrobat Reader, it does not print correctly.
     After looking at various messages in the mailing list, I am a little confused as to what to do. It was said in one message to install a PCL driver. However, as the pdf document that I am creating is for use by numerous external clients, then ensuring this may be difficult, and furthermore I cannot be certain what printers they will use.
Any ideas ?

I am using FOP 0_13_0 on Windows NT, and a HP LaserJet 8000.

Thanks in advance.

                    Paul

Re: Printing

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Paul_Martin@rta.nsw.gov.au wrote:

> I am using FOP 0_13_0 on Windows NT, and a HP LaserJet 8000.

Check out the current version from CVS.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Printing

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
>      I am using shaded areas to provide boxes and although it is displayed correctly
> in Acrobat Reader, it does not print correctly. After looking at various messages in
> the mailing list, I am a little confused as to what to do. It was said in one message
> to install a PCL driver. However, as the pdf document that I am creating is for use by
> numerous external clients, then ensuring this may be difficult, and furthermore I
> cannot be certain what printers they will use. Any ideas ?
>
> I am using FOP 0_13_0 on Windows NT, and a HP LaserJet 8000.

I think, the postscript printing bug has been fixed recently  by Domagoj Cosic. Please
use the cvs version of Fop or wait a few days for Fop 0.14
Fotis