Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/05/27 14:08:13 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "FOPProjectTasks" by JeremiasMaerki

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremiasMaerki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPProjectTasks

The comment on the change is:
Some updates

   *  /!\ create a release plan once we can see that we can start releasing again.

  == Testing ==

-  *  Create additional layout engine test cases.
+  *  /!\ Create additional layout engine test cases (see xml-fop/test/layoutengine).
   *  Create a test subsystem that allows the generated PDF, PS and Java2D/AWT output to be converted to a bitmap so it can be compared to reference bitmaps.

  == Interfaces and frontends ==
@@ -54, +55 @@

  (see also ["FOPWorkEstimates"])

  == Layout of ==
+
   *  tables
     * auto layout
     * column creation when not defined
-    * col/row spanning
-    * border handling, body/column/row area handling
-    * proper header/footer handling
+    * background painting is incomplete
+    * column groups not supported, yet
+    * collapsing border model (basics researched and documented, now we only need to implement it)
+    * Reimplement table-and-caption and table-caption

   *  footnotes/before floats
     * layout of footnote with other layout managers
     * adding footnote area to area tree

   *  keeps
-    * layout issues
+    * remaining issues with keep-with-previous (see keep-with-previous2-5)

   *  side floats
     * layout with nearest reference area
@@ -82, +85 @@

  == Adding Areas ==

   * must be able to adjust spacing.
-  * add id/markers
+  * add id/markers (some remaining problems when content is broken over multiple pages)
   * check that all areas contain the proper traits
-  * create correct hierarchy of areas, especially for tables, spans and page regions

  ----

  = Area Tree =

   * Is all the area tree information correct.
-  * Are {{{BlockViewport}}} and other viewports correct.
+  * Are {{{BlockViewport}}} and other viewports correct? (Test using layout engine tests)
   * Writing mode, stacking direction and orientation, width/height vs. ipb/bpd. (See ["FOPWritingModesAndBidiDesign"]).

  ----
@@ -115, +117 @@

  == PDF Renderer ==

-  *  border/line styles (border painting is bad ATM)
   *  pdf state (still some improvements necessary)
   *  stacking directions
   *  Support for SVG fonts to be converted for PDF into Type 3 fonts (?)
@@ -150, +151 @@

  == Java2D/AWT renderer ==

-  *  Bring this one back to life!
+  *  Bring this one back to life! (Renaud Richardet works on it)
   *  We need that one soon for the validation of the API because of the special output formats (AWT, print)

  == XML renderer ==