Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk> on 2009/01/06 11:01:42 UTC

Version 1.X Road Map

Re: Version 1.X Road Map

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.

Re: Version 1.X Road Map

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.

Re: Version 1.X Road Map

Posted by Raffael Herzog <he...@raffael.ch>.
Am Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009 11.01:42 schrieb Johan Lindquist:
> After the discussions on the list, I decided to add the suggested
> road-map page to the WIKI
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/HIVEMIND2/hivemind-v1.html
>
> It includes the suggestions from the list.

There's another thing that came to my mind: What about replacing jakarta-oro
with java.util.regex? On the pro-side, this would further minimise the
dependencies of HiveMind. On the con-side, this would mean to drop support
for JDK 1.3 (therefore, it might be better to consider that for HiveMind
1.3, instead of 1.2).

Thoughts/opinions?

Cheers,
   Raffi

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is
no difference, but in practice, there is.

herzog@raffael.ch · Jabber: herzog@raffael.ch
PGP Key 0x5FFDB5DB5D1FF5F4 · http://keyserver.pgp.com

Re: Version 1.X Road Map

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.

Hi,

This is the tricky part - not sure how this could sensible be organised
without some support from the committers.  James, care to chime in here?

As for work, the website patch is in JIRA already & only requires (as
far as I remember) minor work still (HIVEMIND-198)

For a 1.2, the only thing remaining would be to verify the updated
libraries.  I should check if there is enough coverage in the unit tests
to allow us to simply switch versions and build.

Cheers,

Johan

Jochen Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How could we organize working on this? Should we do things locally and
> open JIRA issues on it if we find code that must get updated?
> Or how would we do it?
>
> Is there anybody from the committers left to comment Johans efforts?
>
> Cheers,
> Jochen
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johan Lindquist" <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>

- --
you too?

Re: Version 1.X Road Map

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.

Re: Version 1.X Road Map

Posted by Raffael Herzog <he...@raffael.ch>.
Am Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009 11.01:42 schrieb Johan Lindquist:
> Hi All,
>
> After the discussions on the list, I decided to add the suggested
> road-map page to the WIKI
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/HIVEMIND2/hivemind-v1.html
>
> It includes the suggestions from the list.

Thanks, that roadmap makes sense. However, there's a mistake: Groovy's
groupId has changed to org.codehaus.groovy, so the latest version is not
1.0-jsr-03, it's 1.5.6. I added a comment to the page.

Cheers,
   Raffi