Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Irah R <ah...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/13 05:57:34 UTC

Installing a puppet master

Hi all,

I'm entirely new to Stratos and trying to play little bit with it.

I'm trying to follow the document[1] to install the puppet master. I'm
doing this in my local environment. I'm using Mac OS and there it
shows "system not identified" error because Mac is not validated in
puppetinstall script [2]. So my question is, Can we only install them
in some IaaS. How to install it in local for development purposes? Or
if I'm trying out something entirely wrong?

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Configuring+Puppet+Master
2. https://github.com/thilinapiy/puppetinstall/blob/master/puppetinstall

Thanks in advance.

-Irah-

Re: Installing a puppet master

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Irah,

The developer preview documentation for the currently released Stratos
milestones can be found in wiki under [1].

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Stratos+Milestone+Developer+Preview

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.
Hi Irah,

Posted by Irah R <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thilina Piyasundara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Irah,

Somehow you need an IaaS to use stratos. So its better to use an instance
of the same IaaS to host the puppet master.

Also if you can send a properly tested puppet installation pull request
(PR), I can accept that. That would be helpful for others too.

​
Thanks and regards,

Thilina Piyasundara
​
​
M: 071-775-0006
​
​
Blog: thilina.piyasundara.org
Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/thilinapiyasundara
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/thilinapiyasundara>

Posted by Lasindu Charith <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Irah,

--