Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by George Schulzl <du...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/02 18:54:21 UTC

Download Apache Office

Hi,
I am a true novice where computers are concerned.
I have tried to down load Apache Office without success.
I need instructions that are designed for a new comer like me.
Please help
George

Sent from my iPad

Re: Download Apache Office

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can take a basic computer course, which is much fun.

Re: Download Apache Office

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
...edit

Re: Download Apache Office

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM, George Schulzl <du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a true novice where computers are concerned.
> I have tried to down load Apache Office without success.
> I need instructions that are designed for a new comer like me.
> Please help

Hi George - Let me know if these suggestions work for you. To make them I
am presuming that you are using Windows, that you know how to browse the
web, e.g. can get to Yahoo, MSN and other popular web sites, and are
familiar with how to read and follow key stroke combinations, e.g. Alt+d
means press and hold the Alt key then, while still holding Ctrl, press the
d key and then release both. When instructions say to type and something
follows between double quotes " you understand to type only what appears
between the quotes. Here we go...

1. Go to your favorite web site
2. Press Alt+d
3. type "www.openoffice.org"
4. press the enter key
5. on the web page that you see now click anywhere on the words "I want to
download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0"
6. on the new web page click anywhere in the big green rectangle that
contains the words "Download Apache OpenOffice"
now it gets harder
7. find the file that you downloaded (depending on your web browser,
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome they put information at different places
on the screen about the file including the name and where it is)
8. find that information about the file and click the file name
9. installation will begin.
9.a during installation you will get a few prompts with buttons asking what
to do next. Click the button that will continue the installation, e.g.
"Okay", "Continue", "Yes", etc.

At the end of all this the product should be installed and ready to use