Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/04/25 05:55:28 UTC

Git check in messages

Hi,

Any chance we can get the git check in email message to mention what branch they are for? Currently it not possible to work what branch a change has been checked into - this could cause some confusion.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Git check in messages

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I'd like to try:

[%(repo_name)s / %(branch)s] - %(subject)s

Note that I left out 'git commit'... As these are 'commit' emails to
our 'git' repo, that seems redundant and only takes up space in the
subject line.

EdB

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala
<bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Come up with a configuration template and open a JIRA ticket for Infra.
>> I have no idea what the current config is (is it publicly accessible
>> anywhere?) but we just need to add %(branch) to it somewhere.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>>

> Our current config is: git commit [%(repo_name)s] - %(subject)s
>
> We had a discussion about this on this list and I asked for it in this JIRA
> ticket [1]
>
> Thanks,
> Om

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Git check in messages

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git check in messages

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Git check in messages

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes we can.  Here are all the available variables [1]

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/docs/commit-emails.html