Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Xiaoyong Zhu <xi...@microsoft.com> on 2014/12/12 11:21:54 UTC

Tez UI early trial?

Hi Tez experts

I am really excited to see the Tez UI will be coming out in 0.6! it's really helpful!
I want to try that in my local sandbox (Cloudera/Hortonworks) but I encountered a lot of issues (such as cannot find org.apache.tez.dag.history.logging.ats packages) and I decide to give up building it myself. Is this feature available in Tez 0.5 releases so I could download the bits and deploy rather than build from scratch?

Another question is that, I know it is a JS build atop of a bunch of RESTful APIs after talking with Gopal - could someone guide me where is the REST API documentation? I want to have a look at the REST API abilities.

Thanks!

Xiaoyong

Re: Tez UI early trial?

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Also, for HDP specific questions, you are better off asking on the Hortonworks mailing lists/forums:
http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/forum/hortonworks-sandbox/

thanks
— Hitesh

RE: Tez UI early trial?

Posted by Xiaoyong Zhu <xi...@microsoft.com>.
Thanks Hitesh and sorry for the late reply... yes, I would love to contribute to the community for the documentation - we could talk offline about that as I am relatively new to how the community works.

I was trying to build Tez again and hopefully I could get that work in my cluster..:)

Xiaoyong

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hello Xiaoyong,

RE: Tez UI early trial?