Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John <jo...@quivinco.com> on 2013/05/24 10:26:55 UTC

Page must be specified before initializing for partial page render. - what causes this?

An unexpected application exception has occurred.
  a.. org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException
  Page must be specified before initializing for partial page render.
    location
    classpath:epulse/audit/manager/pages/ManageUsers.tml, line 2015 </t:if>
          16 <div
          17 style="height:500px;width:240px;border:1px solid #ccc;overflow:auto;">
          18 <t:loop source="users" value="user">
          19 <t:actionlink t:id="clicker" t:zone="editZone"
          20 t:context="user.userId" class="u">${user.username}</t:actionlink>
          21 </t:loop>
          22 </div>
          23 </td>
          24
          25 <td valign="top">

    trace
      a.. Triggering event 'action' on ManageUsers:clicker
  b.. org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentEventException
  Page must be specified before initializing for partial page render.

Re: Page must be specified before initializing for partial page render. - what causes this?

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.
It means that you where expecting ajax request however it was page request.
This usually happens when javascript is borken but you still click on a
button that should trigger an ajax requests.

My guess try to fix your custom javascript you have an error somewhere.
Install one of the plugin for javascript like

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/javascript-errors-notifie/jafmfknfnkoekkdocjiaipcnmkklaajd

Cheers,
Boris

--