Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Dhiraj Shetty <dy...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/11 18:17:27 UTC

HTTP client connecting to Tomcat server application

Hi ,
  I am using a standalone application to connect a Tomcat application using
the HTTP client package .
I am trying to implement a SSL connection to the remote application but i
get a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.
Is there any way to find or debug the problem ?

The Error is thrown by the httpPost.getStatusLine() in my standalone
application .

Can you please help ?

--
Cheers,

Dhiraj Shetty
Cell: - 07837363475

Re: HTTP client connecting to Tomcat server application

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Dhiraj Shetty wrote:
> Hi ,
>  I am using a standalone application to connect a Tomcat application using
> the HTTP client package .
> I am trying to implement a SSL connection to the remote application but i
> get a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.
> Is there any way to find or debug the problem ?

Look at the server logs and consult the Tomcat documentation.

> The Error is thrown by the httpPost.getStatusLine() in my standalone
> application .

The error is _reported_ to you via getStatusLine.
HTTP status codes are always generated by the server.
5xx means there is something wrong with the server.
4xx would indicate a problem with the request you sent.

hope that helps,
  Roland