Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by TEOH KANG YIH <ky...@glocomp.com> on 2002/06/25 08:27:44 UTC

TomCat 3.2.3 stop responding issue.

Hi everybody,

    I am using TomCat 3.2.3 running on Solaris 8 (with May 2002 108528-14 patch).  I found that TomCat will intermittently stop responding where the process "../native_threads/java -Xms32m -Xmx256m -Dtom" still exists.  The interval is not fixed where it can happen anytime, say once every 2 weeks and once every few days.

    When this happens, I have to restart TomCat by typing shutdown.sh and type startup.sh again.

    I have tested with a lot of solutions, as follows:

a. using nohup to run startup.sh
b. investigate the output of the TomCat and modify necessary code accordingly
c. Install recommended patches and patches recommended by patchdiag utility
d. Upgrade to JDK 1.3

    I will appreciate much if anybody can help on this problem.  Thanks.

==========
TEOH, KANG YIH
System Engineer

Think what you haven't done in the past and plan to do it now.

GloComp Systems (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Unit 639, Blok A, Kelana Centre Point,
Jalan SS7/19, Kelana Jaya, 47301,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.