Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Ferenc Gerlits <fg...@apache.org> on 2022/11/28 10:14:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ 0.13.0 release

Hi community,

I'd like to initiate a discussion about the next release of MiNiFi C++. The
last release was almost six months ago, and there have been many new
features,
bug fixes and stability improvements committed to the development branch
since then: 80 tickets closed, over 100 commits.

I would be happy to take on RM duties for this release.

New features since the 0.12.0 release:

- New processors:
  * ListenTCP
  * PutTCP
  * PostElasticSearch
  * CollectKubernetesPodMetrics
- Warn on SSL certificates about to expire
- Fix cron-based scheduling
- Improve metrics reporting and add support for Prometheus
- Improve the performance of several processors (ListenHTTP, AWS, Azure,
GCS)
- Support swapping out flow files from memory to disk
- Support low-memory use cases with FileSystemRepository
- Improve the MQTT processors and add support for MQTT v5.0
- Improve communication with C2, eg. add alert capability
- Fix support of native packages in Python scripting
- Fix Python scripting on Windows
- Add SSL support to the ListenSyslog and ListenTCP processors
- Fix the 32-bit build on Windows
- Support POST/PUT of large files in InvokeHTTP
- Plus upgrade libraries, fix issues reported by clang-tidy, fix memory
leaks etc

The core API is still not mature enough to be able to commit to it, so
in line with previous discussions I suggest releasing it as 0.13.0.

Do you agree it is time for a new release? Are there any blockers that we
should definitely include in this release?

Thanks,
Ferenc

Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ 0.13.0 release

Posted by Marton Szasz <sz...@apache.org>.
+1, and thanks for RM'ing.

I think we should include the pending fix for process group
input/output ports in the release. It's already approved, I'm just
waiting for a successful CI run before merging.

Posted by Arpad Boda <ab...@apache.org>.
Ship it!

             /|~~~
           ///|