Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2009/09/04 02:02:28 UTC

make cwiki publicly writeable?

Hi,

I hadn't noticed it before, but it's great to see the ASF Confluence
being used for planning.

I think it would make sense to make it writable by confluence-users
(create/edit, not remove) like a normal wiki and avoid issues like
some people not having access as well as using it as the general wiki
for the project. Thoughts?

Also, any thoughts on eventually migrating stuff that is still
relevant from MAVEN / MAVENUSER at Codehaus?

- Brett

Re: moving the MAVEN space to cwiki

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Brett Porter wrote:

> Any objections to disabling write to the Codehaus MAVEN space and
> pointing people to cwiki as described below?

Nope.

Benjamin

Re: moving the MAVEN space to cwiki (was: make cwiki publicly writeable?)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

2009/9/24 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> Changing the subject to get more visibility... Codehaus is upgrading to
> Confluence 3.0 this weekend which will limit migration options if we make
> any further edits over there.
>
> Any objections to disabling write to the Codehaus MAVEN space and pointing
> people to cwiki as described below?
>
> On 11/09/2009, at 9:14 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> I migrated the MAVEN space as is to here:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVENOLD/Home
>>
>> Everything is intact except for usernames that couldn't be matched up on
>> the CWIKI instance. (I fixed those already listed in maven-committers
>> though). It can be re-imported pretty easily now if necessary.
>>
>> I moved one doc over which looks out of date but relevant for the new
>> efforts to see how it would go:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Creating+a+Maven+Integration+Test
>>
>> Before I move any other content over - given this, does it make sense to
>> pull down the old Codehaus wiki (and change it to direct folks to the new
>> one) and then just move over the bits that are still relevant?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brett

Olivier

Re: moving the MAVEN space to cwiki (was: make cwiki publicly writeable?)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
let's go

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: make cwiki publicly writeable?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 04/09/2009, at 11:04 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Thu September 3 2009 8:02:28 pm Brett Porter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hadn't noticed it before, but it's great to see the ASF Confluence
>> being used for planning.
>>
>> I think it would make sense to make it writable by confluence-users
>> (create/edit, not remove) like a normal wiki and avoid issues like
>> some people not having access as well as using it as the general wiki
>> for the project. Thoughts?
>
> Depends.   Is the space going to be used for official Maven
> documentation and
> such, then the answer is "not allowed".   The best you can do is
> open it up to
> those in the asf-icla group which is basically anyone that submits
> and ICLA.

Well, I'm not sure what the intent was, but I'm guessing it was not
for writing documentation that would be published on the site.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu September 3 2009 8:02:28 pm Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hadn't noticed it before, but it's great to see the ASF Confluence
> being used for planning.
>
> I think it would make sense to make it writable by confluence-users
> (create/edit, not remove) like a normal wiki and avoid issues like
> some people not having access as well as using it as the general wiki
> for the project. Thoughts?

Depends.   Is the space going to be used for official Maven documentation and
such, then the answer is "not allowed".   The best you can do is open it up to
those in the asf-icla group which is basically anyone that submits and ICLA.

Dan

> Also, any thoughts on eventually migrating stuff that is still
> relevant from MAVEN / MAVENUSER at Codehaus?
>
> - Brett

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog