Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Hertz <jh...@speakeasy.net> on 2004/04/22 17:16:14 UTC

Hibernate 2.1.X and Struts 1.2

I'm trying to upgrade from Hibernate 2.0.3 to 2.1.2, and my pre-existing
Hibernate Plugin hates it. (It's based on the Struts-Hibernate example
Ted wrote, which doesn't appear to be on sourceforge. anymore).

I'm getting this exception, which implies I'm loading old jar files from
2.0.3, but I don't see them.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
 at
net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.jav
a:750)

I am concerned that there may be a conflict with some of the commons
libraries Hibernate wants vs with what Struts wants (note
commons-collections and commons-logging below).

Anyone else go through this?

Here's the jars my IDE says it is deploying:

FormDef.jar
activation.jar
antlr.jar
cglib-2.0.jar
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections-2.1.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-dbcp-1.1.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-fileupload.jar
commons-lang-1.0.1.jar
commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-pool-1.1.jar
commons-validator.jar
dom4j-1.4.jar
ehcache-0.6.jar
hibernate2.jar
jaas.jar
jakarta-oro.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar
jcs-1.0-dev.jar
jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
jgroups-2.2.jar
jstl.jar
jta.jar
junit-3.8.1.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar
mail.jar
odmg-3.0.jar
oscache-2.0.jar
proxool-0.8.3.jar
standard.jar
struts-el.jar
struts.jar
swarmcache-1.0rc2.jar
xalan-2.4.0.jar
xerces-2.4.0.jar

RE: Hibernate 2.1.X and Struts 1.2

Posted by John McGrath <jm...@whoi.edu>.
we're using Struts 1.2 and Hibernate 2.1, works great, though it took a
little fiddling with the jars and classpath to get it going. also, we
had some problems with the version of cglib2 that came with hibernate (i
think it was RC2), so we downloaded the final version of 2, that worked.

we also had to make some other adjustments when we upgraded struts; for
example, we use WebLogic 6.1, which needed to be patched to sp3 to work.

this is what's in our classpath:

classes12.jar
weblogic.jar
mysql.jar