Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jagdeepjain01 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/10 10:31:38 UTC

recording ajax calls

Hi,

I am doing load testing of web-app developed in ajax, the post data looks
like below:

callCount=1 windowName= c0-scriptName=ItemAction
c0-methodName=getExtendedPropertiesModel c0-id=0 batchId=17
page=%2Findex.jsp httpSessionId=C70E5AE98D5434FF9B7F1D47637F01B9
scriptSessionId=BECF8114F46A64BCCED51F8235EF9361

Problem here is that jmeter is not able to distinguish b/w the individual
parameters for example:
callCount=1
windowName=something
c0-scriptName=ItemName
etc.

are different, as there is a space b/w post parameter and jmeter recorded
post parameters in a single line. But when executing the same request it is
not able to distinguish b/w individual parameters and inturn test case is
not executed successfully.

Please suggest a way to fix this. Can we record a script which implicitly
fills some character in place of spaces? like '&' for a space b/w two
parameters in above case.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jagdeep

Re: recording ajax calls

Posted by jagdeepjain01 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ajax requests recorded without the & I am not sure why. I tried 2.3.4 as well
as 2.4 both have the same behavior.
Test is having lot of ajax requests and if I go manually it will take lot of
time for cut and past in to individual parameters.

It would be really good to have a way like while recording Jmeter
automatically inserts the '&' where we require or while running we can
instruct where to insert '&' in requests.

Re: recording ajax calls

Posted by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>.
It seems like you completely understand why this request does not work, you
can see what has been recorded and you are able to work out why the request
fails: if the post params are all bunched together in one group and if you
want them to be separated into individual groups then why not just do this?

Cut, and paste.

Note. Post params is pretty standard stuff and JM always works for me here,
you possibly have some querky code in your request? Why do you have spaces
and not ampersand?

Also, the actual request that gets sent has the post params all as one long
string - this is correct.