Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Edmar Edilton da Silva <ra...@ic.unicamp.br> on 2000/11/20 22:57:01 UTC

configuration file ( startup.pl )!!!

    Dear all,

    I am with a small problem. I used the following command to open some

connections when the WWW server is initialized:

#Initialize the database connections for each child
Apache::DBI->connect_on_init
("dbi:Oracle:ora8", "travel", "travel",
   {
       PrintError => 1, # Warn() on errors
       RaiseError => 0, # Don't die on error
       AutoCommit => 1, # Commit executes immediately
   }
);

The problem is which I do not know how to configure the WWW server

to open many connections for example "20 connections"!!!

Can anyone help me ? If possible, I would like someone send me your

configuration file (startup.pl).

            Edmar Edilton da Silva
    Bacharel em Ciência da Computacão - UFV
  Mestrando em Ciência da Computacão - UNICAMP

Re: configuration file ( startup.pl )!!!

Posted by "John K. Sterling" <st...@covalent.net>.
The below code in your startup.pl will have 1 connection per child.  If
you're apache config allows for 20 kids, each one will get its own
connection to your database.  There is no built in pooling support (though
that will be trivial in 2.0) but usually having a connection per kid is
what you're looking for.

sterling