Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/06/04 21:40:10 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] proposal to select a mascot for Apache CloudStack while in Incubation

Peder and I were talking over the weekend - and I noted that despite
any feedback to the list, the wiki page had gotten a bit of interest.
He asked me to point folks to it as he is out of pocket for a few
days.

http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/CloudStack+mascot+proposals

Feel free to add/comment/etc.

I have no idea what timeline he has in mind, but figured there was
already a ton of good content there from folks all over. Please feel
free to add designs or comment or discuss here.

--David

Posted by Peder Ulander <ul...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David for getting that up and moving, we have a number of great
submissions.  Following Matt's suggestion below,

>> I'd suggest making a Wiki page where people can post their
>> ideas.  Pick an end date, I suggest 30 days, post and wait.
>> At the end of the 30-days take a community vote and the logo with the
>> most votes wins :)

The Wiki has now been live for more than 30 days, so I was hoping we could
get something more formal from a proposal together to launch more from a
voting perspective and make it something fun that we can celebrate at
OSCON.  In order to do that, we need to get the rest of the submissions in
within a week, so let's pick Wednesday 6/13 for that.   From there, I'll
have them cleaned up and presented in a uniform way for votes from the
community.  Does that seem reasonable?

-peder