Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by co...@cristallium.com on 2022/05/06 11:43:17 UTC

Audio and video player for Royale

Dear Royale team,

I use sometime Royale and love it. I have some background in video and
audio thanks by several development using video or audio using Flex.

I spent my last nights to read a maximum of Royale SDK, trying to
understand how to add content and participate to ameliore.

Finnally I success in adding a VideoPlayer and AudioPlayer based on an
added project named "media" which contains 3 classes :
MediaElement,VideoElement and AudioElement (essentialy a wrapper for Web
API HTMLMediaElement,HTMLVideoElement and HTMLAudioElement).

I added it in Jewel, you can look the result here :

http://demo.cristallium.com/tdj/#!videoplayer_panel

http://demo.cristallium.com/tdj/#!audioplayer_panel

(or the 2 last items in the left menu)

I would be very happy to make a PR to add it to Royale. (before I would
need to add some as3 doc above functions, and maybe find another mp3
link with better sound level)

Source code is here :

https://github.com/cristallium/royale-asjs/tree/Media-project-+-AudioPlayer-and-VideoPlayer-for-Jewel

Would you agree to add this content ?

If yes, for minimize your work, perhaps could you tell me if I must
rework some code and how to be fully compliant with your work ?

Also, I'm not familiar with Ant or Maven. I succed to compile it with
Ant by copy/paste build.xml and adapt it. I didn't try with Maven
(.pom), I don't know if .pom files are alright.

Hope you will enjoy

Fred

Re: Audio and video player for Royale

Posted by co...@cristallium.com.
Maria,

Following our discussion, I done another PR with code in HTML5 project :

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/pull/1200

I tested it by compiling it with ant, but not maven.

Let me know if you need help

Le 2022-05-27 11:24, Maria Jose Esteve a écrit :

> Hello, this afternoon I will have some free time to dedicate to this
> topic.
>
> I have looked at the implementation and, a priori, I do not detect any
> irregularity . The only thing we have pending is to decide whether to
> create a new "Media" library or include the basic controls in HTML or
> HTML5 since they are essentially wrappers of HTMLMediaElement,
> HTMLVideoElement and HTMLAudioElement.
>
> Do you think that the implementation has, or can have, enough entity of
> its own to create the new Media.swc library?
>
> If nobody comments anything against it, I think the least invasive
> thing to do is to include it in HTML5, opinions?
>
> Thx
>
> Hiedra

Links:
------