Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Ji Cheng <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/03 05:43:30 UTC

Compaction Progress Greater than 100%

Hi,

I found the compaction progress is greater than 100%. I'm running 2.0.5.
Not sure if it is a regression of
CASSANDRA-4807<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4807>
since
we are performing size-tiered compaction in level 0 in 2.0.

jicheng@S407:~$ /opt/cassandra/bin/nodetool -h 192.168.0.190 compactionstats
pending tasks: 244
          compaction type        keyspace           table       completed
        total      unit  progress
               Validation         user             address      3118858200
     2725845729     bytes   114.42%

related configuration in cf definition:
not CQL3 table
column_type = 'Standard'
min_compaction_threshold = 4
max_compaction_threshold = 32
compaction_strategy =
'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LeveledCompactionStrategy'
compaction_strategy_options = {'sstable_size_in_mb' : '160'}
compression_options = {'sstable_compression' :
'org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor'}

related configuration in cassandra.yaml:
concurrent_compactors: 4
multithreaded_compaction: false

Thanks.

Cheng

Re: Compaction Progress Greater than 100%

Posted by Ryan McGuire <ry...@datastax.com>.
Looks like the same bug to me, whether it's caused by the same thing as it
was originally doesn't really matter.

Can you add your steps to reproduce it there? I'll reopen the bug for you.

Thanks for the bug report!