Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Newman, Scott" <sn...@ufsonline.com> on 2002/05/10 20:58:50 UTC

Serialization and CachedRowSet

Hi all

Kinda foggy to the whole axis serialzation thing here, so just bear with me.
I'm trying to return a cachedrowset from a service, but it keeps comint up
with:

java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class
sun.jdbc.rowset.CachedRowSet in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl@61736e

A cached rowset (as it says in the documentation) is serializable, and I can
deploy the beanmapping for it, but it keeps coming back saying that there
was no serializer found.  Here's my wsdd file:

            <service name="DatabaseService" provider="java:RPC">

                        <parameter name="className" value="Database"/>

                        <beanMapping qname="ns:CachedRowSet"
xmlns:crs="urn:CachedRowSet"
languageSpecificType="java:sun.jdbc.rowset.CachedRowSet"/>

            </service>

</deployment>

Shouldn't axis be able to create this object?  I know that is does indeed
exist on both the server and the client, or do I have to write a custom
serializer myself.

Just trying to wrap my head around this now for the first time, so forgive
me if I'm a little stoopid at this point.

Scott