Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Liu, Scott" <SL...@netledger.com> on 2003/01/17 10:21:40 UTC

RE: compiled slide but can not connect to http://localhost:8080/s lide

Andreas,

Yes, you are right. I do not have correct user/password.
I did not see the message in your email on how to setup User Authentication.
Could you email me again.

And I have set windows XP network place (http://localhost:8080/slide) to
user "guest".
Now somehow I can not reset the user/password to root/tomcat. The "guest"
does not
have read/write previliges. I have deleted the MS web folder a few times and
then recreated
it. But now it remembers and it did not ask me to enter user/password any
more.
How do I get out of this problem?

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
On 17 Jan 2003 at 1:21, Liu, Scott wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> Yes, you are right. I do not have correct user/password.
> I did not see the message in your email on how to setup User
> Authentication. Could you email me again.

Uncomment security constraint in web.xml.
Make sure, Tomcat knows about your users, i.e. edit tomcat-
users.xml, and Slide, i.e. edit Domain.xml.

> And I have set windows XP network place
> (http://localhost:8080/slide) to user "guest". Now somehow I can
> not reset the user/password to root/tomcat. The "guest" does not
> have read/write previliges. I have deleted the MS web folder a
> few times and then recreated it. But now it remembers and it did
> not ask me to enter user/password any more. How do I get out of
> this problem?

My webfolder asks after every windows boot. Maybe you check the
box to save password. In Control Panel Internet Options there is
a button to delete passwords. Maybe this will also clear the
Webfolder password.

Andreas