Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2007/08/08 16:31:42 UTC

WODEN-142 requires an Axis2 code change

Keith,
I'd like to apply the Woden patches for JIRA WODEN-142 but need to sync up
with you to ensure I don't break the Axis2 compile.  This JIRA changes
DocumentationElement so that it wraps the wsdl:documentation element as a
Woden XMLElement, instead of as a java.lang.Object.

Dan has added a patch to WODEN-142 for a 1 line change to
WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder.  Can you please review this patch and confirm
that it's OK for me to go ahead with the Woden patches, then can you apply
the Axis2 patch.

thanks,
John Kaputin

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: WODEN-142 requires an Axis2 code change

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

I've fixed the Axis2 build. Thanks for informing. I'll get back to you
regarding the requirement for documentation.

Thanks,
Keith.

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Keith,
Can you confirm the requirement for me. Is your requirement to be able to
serialize the mixed type content within the <wsdl:documentation> infoset
element? I had a look at the WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder.addDocumentation
method and that seems to be what you currently do. You pass the first
child of the wsdl:documentation DOM Element to WSDL4J's DOM2Writer.

If that is the requirement, I'm sure we can support it - maybe via a
similar utility method, rather than directly on the DocumentationElement
API. It will depend on how we implement serialization. With WODEN-142,
DocumentationElement will now store the <wsdl:documentation> element as a
Woden XMLElement, so we could perhaps add some support to XMLElement (i.e.
most of the other DOM/OM static utility methods ended up in the XMLElement
API).

regards,

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Keith,

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

Thanks for the information. Yes this patch would do the trick. John would
woden support documentation in the following manner too?

to an image (from the Flickr