Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/06/27 19:47:24 UTC

CloudStack adoption survey

[cross posting]

All

We have just launched two new things on the Cloudstack.org website.

a)      A list of known users of Cloudstack (http://cloudstack.apache.org/users.html)

b)      A survey of cloudstack adoption for users of the software to complete (http://cloudstack.apache.org/survey.html)

As those of you who follow the marketing list will already know, Sally has been working really hard to try and establish our known user base.
Getting people to complete this survey is a REALLY important element in that: it will help Sally get the marketing message on ACS out.

The plan is to use the survey data to add and augment the initial user list published

So please help us out:

1.       If you're using cloudstack at your org  (I guess most of us are :) ) - TAKE THE SURVEY

2.       If you're friend at work is using cloudstack in the org: get them to - TAKE THE SURVEY

3.       If you buy instances from a provider using cloudstack, get them to  - TAKE THE SURVEY

4.       If you know customers or others using cloudstack. Get them to TAKE THE SURVEY

5.       Please get busy on twitter, linkedin ,blogs,etc  - encourage people to - TAKE THE SURVEY

6.       If somebody you once met at a conference is using Cloudstack, call them up and get them to - go figure

Please please get involved in helping to promote this. Don't leave it to others - get involved !

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: CloudStack adoption survey

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi everyone,

Please, please take a moment to fill out the survey that Giles referenced
(below). :)

It is very important to the continued health of the CloudStack Community
that we be able to build up an ever-increasing list of companies that use
CloudStack as many people "out there" have simply never heard of it.

Due to the sheer mismatch of marketing dollars, it is a common
misperception that a cloud-orchestration system like OpenStack is the only
viable product in this space. Clearly, we'd like to show that this is, in
fact, not the case and that many companies have chosen CloudStack.

Thanks so much!
Mike

--
*Mike Tutkowski*