Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Jim Shi <ha...@apple.com> on 2012/07/03 01:52:22 UTC

string to key implementation

Hi,  I check the source code of Apache DS. There is only one class DesStringToKey.java) which implements DES string to key.
Why there is no implementation of, say AES string to key? Is this intentional because is  not needed? I checked kdc c source code, it has support of
AES string to key etc.
Thanks

Re: string to key implementation

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 7/3/12 1:52 AM, Jim Shi a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,  I check the source code of Apache DS. There is only one class
>> DesStringToKey.java) which implements DES string to key.
>> Why there is no implementation of, say AES string to key? Is this
>> intentional because is  not needed? I checked kdc c source code, it has
>> support of
>> AES string to key etc.
>
> It's not implemented because we haven't yet had time to do so. But if you
> feel like implementing it using AES, we would be please to add it to the
> server code !

Indeed, patches are welcome.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex

Re: string to key implementation

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 7/3/12 1:52 AM, Jim Shi a écrit :
> Hi,  I check the source code of Apache DS. There is only one class DesStringToKey.java) which implements DES string to key.
> Why there is no implementation of, say AES string to key? Is this intentional because is  not needed? I checked kdc c source code, it has support of
> AES string to key etc.
It's not implemented because we haven't yet had time to do so. But if
you feel like implementing it using AES, we would be please to add it to
the server code !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com