Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Neeraj Kumar <ne...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/13 20:02:00 UTC

uptodate not working

<uptodate
	property="h.isUpToDate2"
	srcfile="${src.dir}/com/company/disclosure/pcrf/Constants.java"
	targetfile="${build.dir}/classes/com/company/disclosure/pcrf/Constants.class"
/>
<echo>h.isUpToDate2: ${h.isUpToDate2} </echo>

<uptodate property="h.isUpToDate3">
	<srcfiles
		dir="${src.dir}"
		includes="**/Constants.java" />
        <mapper type="glob"
		from="*.java"
		to="${build.dir}/classes/*.class"/>
</uptodate>
<echo>h.isUpToDate3: ${h.isUpToDate3} </echo>

Both the uptodate are checking for the same thing. But no matter what
I do the value of isUpToDate3 is never true even when the value of
isUpToDate2 is true. What am I missing here? I believe the value of
isUpToDate2  and isUpToDate3 should always be same.

I actually want the isUpToDate3  format and in the process of
debugging I created isUpToDate2 just to make sure that 'uptodate' is
actually working.

Thanks.
- Neeraj