Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/04/04 19:27:14 UTC

Enhancing dynamic caches

I would like to propose additional way to configure dynamic caches, with
support for wild cards.

For example, I should be able to select default config settings for all
caches, with names starting from "org.mycaches.*". Then, when creating a
cache, I can omit passing the configuration, and call:

    IgniteCache<A, B> cache =
ignite.getOrCreateCache("org.mycaches.Persons");

In this case, Ignite will find the closest configuration name, that matches
the cache name, and use it.

Note, that our existing cache configuration API can already support this
design:
- If CacheConfiguration has no name, then it because the default template
for all caches.
- If CacheConfiguration has a name with a wild-card, then it becomes a
template configuration.
- Otherwise, we should use exact name matching.

Thoughts?

D.