Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Sura, Bhupesh" <Bh...@us.widerthan.com> on 2007/10/04 20:31:33 UTC

RE: [Spam] Re: Creating custom schema in ApacheDS-1.0.2

Maven 2.0.7

apacheds-schema-archetype.sh still fails.

In the meanwhile, I manually created the folder structure for foo-schema as given in the wiki and did a mvn clean and mvn package.

It generated the sources for me but the compile failed with the following error.

generics are not supported in -source 1.3
(try -source 1.5 to enable generics)
        ArrayList<String> list = new ArrayList<String>();

How do I set the java version for compile. I have jdk 1.5 already installed on my machine with the path set.

Thanks
Bhupesh

Posted by "Sura, Bhupesh" <Bh...@us.widerthan.com>.

OK. Here are the issues that I found with creating custom schema.

1. The generated sources are trying to import the packages "org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.*" which should be "org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.*"

2. The generated sources are trying to import the package "org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.*" which should be "org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.*"

3. All the producer classes implement the interface AbstractBootstrapProducer. They implement the incorrect produce method signature. It should be
    /**
     * @see BootstrapProducer#produce( BootstrapRegistries, ProducerCallback )
     */
    public void produce( BootstrapRegistries registries, ProducerCallback cb ) throws NamingException

instead of the generated
    /**
     * @see BootstrapProducer#produce( Registries, ProducerCallback )
     */
    public void produce( Registries registries, ProducerCallback cb ) throws NamingException

4. The generated sources has code something like
    UsageEnum.getUsage( "USER_APPLICATIONS" )  which should be
    UsageEnum.getUsage( "USERAPPLICATIONS" )

5. Finally the ApacheDS-1.0.2 is expecting a 'XxxStateFactoryProducer' class which is not being generated. Currently, the ApacheDS fails to start with a class not found exception for that class.

Has anyone recently aded a custom schema to ApacheDS-1.0.2 on windows platform?
Am I doing something wrong here?

Bhupesh.

Sura, Bhupesh wrote:
> I am new to maven. I have looked everywhere to set the javac version to 1.5. I understood that for 'maven-compiler-plugin' I need to set the source and target versions to 1.5 but don't know where to set it.
>
> I am very sorry for posting such simple questions. If I cannot get the compile working, I am planning to compile the classes and make a jar from my IDE.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
> Bhupesh.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Spam] Re: Creating custom schema in ApacheDS-1.0.2

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
oh...

have you checked the java version used by Maven ?

On 10/4/07, Sura, Bhupesh <Bh...@us.widerthan.com> wrote:

> Maven 2.0.7
>

> apacheds-schema-archetype.sh still fails.
>
> In the meanwhile, I manually created the folder structure for foo-schema as given in the wiki and did a mvn clean and mvn package.
>
> It generated the sources for me but the compile failed with the following error.
>
> generics are not supported in -source 1.3
> (try -source 1.5 to enable generics)
>         ArrayList<String> list = new ArrayList<String>();
>

> How do I set the java version for compile. I have jdk 1.5 already installed on my machine with the path set.
>
> Thanks
> Bhupesh

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny