Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2011/09/30 19:26:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-rc2 (Release Candidate 2)

The first release candidate actually introduced a pretty nasty regression from
beta1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3285

This (and a few other minor patches) sounds enough to warrant a new RC, so I
propose the following artifacts for release as 1.0.0-rc2.

SVN: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-1.0.0@r1177726
Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-013/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.0-rc2/
Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-/

The artifacts as well as a debian package are also available here:
http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/

There hasn't been much since rc1 and #3285, while critical, has a fairly
simple fix, so I propose to stick to a short 24h vote (longer if needed).

[1]: http://goo.gl/YtJLq (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/F5qoR (NEWS.txt)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-rc2 (Release Candidate 2)

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: [VOTE CLOSED] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-rc2 (Release Candidate 2)

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Ok, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3289 is serious enough that
we'll reroll this one. Besides,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3291 is
also nice to have in the rc2.

So this vote is closed and since both path have been committed, I'll
try to re-roll this shortly.

PS: I've fixed the merge marker too.

--
Sylvain