Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Athar Shiraz Siddiqui <at...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/05 23:45:39 UTC

Suggestion for Project Management tool

http://www.viewpath.com/

This is apparently free to sign up. I have opened an account. It would
be great if Stefano could approve this and we can begin our to do list
etc. This is beta so its free but don't know of any others. If anyone
does out there please feel free. Again this is could be totally not
necessary ; if so do feel free to inform me please.

Humbly and respectfully (towards everyone except perhaps the fellow
who publicly told me to do so)

Shiraz

Re: Suggestion for Project Management tool

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Athar Shiraz Siddiqui ha scritto:
> http://www.viewpath.com/
>
> This is apparently free to sign up. I have opened an account. It would
> be great if Stefano could approve this and we can begin our to do list
> etc. This is beta so its free but don't know of any others. If anyone
> does out there please feel free. Again this is could be totally not
> necessary ; if so do feel free to inform me please.

Please not that this project is not mine and my approval is nothing more
than a voice in this community.

I've moved this discussion to server-dev, so other developers can say
what they think.

As I previously wrote in another thread Apache projects are invited to
use ASF infrastructure even when this infrastructure may not be the best
out there. There are plenty of reasons for this "rule" that my limited
english skills would require months to explain and analyze.

If you have a list of things that you think should be done you should
start writing a mail to server-dev and collect community opinions about
what you propose.

Beware that open source communities do not work like company projects:
there is no boss, there are no paid developers, everyone is project
manager, everyone is developer, it is much more difficult than a company
because wheneven you think you have a good idea, you will have to
convince the community that it is a good idea, and maybe tweaking it
according to critics you will receive.

Stefano

Re: Suggestion for Project Management tool

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Athar,

I don't mean to dog pile, but I think Kent had some good points and made them fairly and eloquently.  I think you're ideas will come across much better if you contribute something concrete to James, and work within the current infrastructure, at least until you earn partner points as a contributor.

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.