Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/08/05 10:29:18 UTC

Re: [RT] Updating our marketing strategy

On 29/07/2003 9:28 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I'll write something up.

I needed something for a conference I'll be speaking, and I came up with:

"Apache Cocoon is a compelling XML-centric framework for building
serious web applications. Different from traditional development
frameworks, Cocoon provides XML pipelining and aggregation for content
composition cleanly separated from a flow definition and execution
context, offering an ideal platform for both content- and logic-driven
web applications."

How does that sound?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [RT] Updating our marketing strategy

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org>
> On 29/07/2003 9:28 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > I'll write something up.
>
> I needed something for a conference I'll be speaking, and I came up with:
>
> "Apache Cocoon is a compelling XML-centric framework for building
> serious web applications.

Sorry for jumping in, but I'd change 'serious' to something more explicit,
e.g. 'enterprise', 'multipurpose', 'flexible', 'flowfull' (C) or something
like that...

>Different from traditional development
> frameworks, Cocoon provides XML pipelining and aggregation for content
> composition cleanly separated from a flow definition and execution
> context, offering an ideal platform for both content- and logic-driven
> web applications."
>
> How does that sound?

Much better than the current one.

-- Konstantin

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 10:29 Europe/Rome, Steven Noels wrote:

> On 29/07/2003 9:28 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> I'll write something up.
>
> I needed something for a conference I'll be speaking, and I came up
> with:
>
> "Apache Cocoon is a compelling XML-centric framework for building
> serious web applications. Different from traditional development
> frameworks, Cocoon provides XML pipelining and aggregation for content
> composition cleanly separated from a flow definition and execution
> context, offering an ideal platform for both content- and logic-driven
> web applications."
>
> How does that sound?

I'm committing a README.txt as we speak.

--
Stefano.

Re: [RT] Updating our marketing strategy

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 5 aoû 2003, à 10:29 Europe/Zurich, Steven Noels a écrit :

> ...I needed something for a conference I'll be speaking, and I came up
> with:
>
> "Apache Cocoon is a compelling XML-centric framework

"compelling" sounds like marketingspeak to me, I'd take it out

> for building serious web applications.

Like Konstantin, I find "serious" not precise enough.

heavy-duty?
industrial grade?
simple or complex?

> Different from traditional development frameworks, Cocoon provides XML
> pipelining and aggregation for content composition cleanly separated
> from a flow definition

maybe "page flow"?

> and execution context, offering an ideal platform for both content-
> and logic-driven web applications."
>
> How does that sound?

Sounds good!

-Bertrand

Re: [RT] Updating our marketing strategy

Posted by Richard in Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
What sort of people will be in the audience? (Sorry if I missed an
earlier explanation?)

Posted by Robert Sayre <mi...@franklinmint.fm>.