Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/09 22:53:30 UTC

Retrieving specific messages from Last Value Queue

Hi I have a receiver in C# that is suppose to retrieve messages from a LV
Queue.
Currently I traverse through all the messages in that queue. AS follows
     while (receiver.Fetch(ref msg, timeout))
      {
*         prop = msg.Properties;*
      }
I wanted to know if there is a way to retrieve a message that has a
specific value.
For instance The sender sends the following value

 msga.SetProperty("stock-symbol", "ORCL");
 sender.Send(msga);

Is there any way that I could retrieve the ORCL message without iterating
through other messages?

Re: Retrieving specific messages from Last Value Queue

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Hi Rajesh,
you are in fact asking for message selectors that work well in Java client but dont exist in C++ client or in broker (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-530). I *think* only Java / JMS client currently supports so.

The only way to workaround is to have separate queues for each stock symbol (or at least separate queue for each symbol you wish to _select_) and subscribe consumers to all such queues (plus optionally consume from the designated queue for e.g. ORCL quote).

Kind regards,
Pavel