Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Michel <sc...@CS.UCLA.EDU> on 2000/04/13 20:31:06 UTC

ApacheJServ to servlet bug?

I've searched through the Bugzilla database but I've yet to find
a bug matching my particular problem.

I've got a form who's submit target is a Java servlet. The servlet
appears to work fine -if- it's invoked via localhost:8080 (i.e.
the Java/tomcat web server.) However, if the submit request goes
through the Apache 1.3.12 server, things like Content-length and
Content-type appear to get lost and the servlet doesn't get the
form's parameters.

As an example, the servlet RequestParams example fails when
invoked through the Apache server but mysteriously works when
invoked through localhost:8080.

Any clues on this? I can be hit with a clue-by-four if it contains
debugging information.

-scooter

Re: ApacheJServ to servlet bug?

Posted by Juan Alvarez Ferrando <ja...@oviedo.syseca.es>.
I recently submited that as a bug with number 205. This was the answer:

*** shadow/205  Mon Apr 10 06:58:40 2000
--- shadow/205.tmp.37128        Mon Apr 10 11:30:20 2000
***************
*** 3,10 ****
  Version: 3.1
  Platform: PC
  OS/Version: Linux
  Component: Apache Connector
***************
*** 32,34 ****
--- 32,42 ----
  version that works with JServ 1.1.

  Thanks for your help
+
+ ------- Additional Comments From costin@eng.sun.com  04/10/00 11:30
-------
+ It seem a very special problem - I don't think it's a bloker for 3.1
release,
+ but I would like to find a solution. Fixing require setting the same
env you
+ described - I don't know how much time I will have for that. Please
try to debug
+ it a bit ( check Ajp12 adapter, enable debug and maybe add few more
debug
+ lines), if you find what's wrong ( or have a patch) I'll check it in (
but
+ probably after 3.1 is released - unless is something really simple )

Can you tell me wich version of JServ you use and where did you get it
from, please!?

Juan Alvarez Ferrando

Posted by "B. Scott Michel" <bs...@aero.org>.
Never mind... I should be using the "slightly hacked" version of
mod_jserv.so provided with tomcat. Sorry for the noise.

-scooter