Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jo Support <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/29 10:20:09 UTC

plexus-archiver snapshot

[mavenBuild] [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
[mavenBuild]
[mavenBuild] Couldn't find a version in [1.0-alpha-7, 1.0-alpha-8,
1.0-alpha-9] to match range [1.0-alpha-10-SNAPSHOT,1.0-alpha-10-SNAPSHOT]
[mavenBuild]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-archiver:jar:null

I have http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org in my repositories, but
under
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-container-default/1.0-alpha-10-SNAPSHOT/
there
aren't jars names as version directory

any suggestion?
thanks

Re: plexus-archiver snapshot

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
I hope I don't come accross as rude when I say this, as I really
appreaciate all the work the Maven team do.  But a lot of people are
having to use snapshots of surefire for many reasons, including TestNG
support; fixes to the classloader so you can use JMockit.  If there were
more frequent stable releases then we could avoid these problems, there
seem to be many months between stable builds.

Thanks,
Martin.

Posted by Jo Support <jo...@gmail.com>.
i agree, but all the direct dependecies of my prjs points to stable versions
of third party jars: probably somewhere in the chain, someone released a jar
as stable while it is depending from a snapshot. any suggestion tom rebuild
the entire dependency chain? any tool able to do it?

regards,
Jo

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jo Support <jo...@gmail.com>.