Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kalidoss <ka...@sifycorp.com> on 2009/12/09 13:06:44 UTC

Hi. What Configuration we require?

Hi
    To run a Solr-1.3.0 with Data/index directory size of 11GB, 80 lakhs
documents and 11 lakhs read request and 30 thousand writes. Every month
200mb of index directory size getting increase.

    Please suggest me. What type of configuration(CPU, Ram, hard disk)
server require to make the solr as Stable.

Thanks,
Kalidoss.m,

Get your world in your inbox!

Mail, widgets, documents, spreadsheets, organizer and much more with your Sifymail WIYI id!
Log on to http://www.sify.com

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com

Re: Hi. What Configuration we require?

Posted by kalidoss <ka...@sifycorp.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM, kalidoss <
kalidoss.muthuramalingam@sifycorp.com> wrote:

> Thanks Shalin Shekhar.
>

> 11 lakh read requests and 30 thousand write requests within how much time?
>   Per day average of 11 lakh read requests and 30 thousand write requests.
>
> The system configuration is 4GB RAM and 4 core x 2 CPUs.
>
> are you suggesting us to increase the configuration?

4GB RAM for a 11GB index seems to be on the low side. It would be best to
benchmark performance on your data with the queries you expect to be made.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Hi. What Configuration we require?

Posted by kalidoss <ka...@sifycorp.com>.
Thanks Shalin Shekhar.

11 lakh read requests and 30 thousand write requests within how much time?
    Per day average of 11 lakh read requests and 30 thousand write requests.

The system configuration is 4GB RAM and 4 core x 2 CPUs.

are you suggesting us to increase the configuration?

-Kalidoss.m,

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.