Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Rinat <r....@cleverdata.ru> on 2018/10/15 14:48:14 UTC

[Flink 1.6.1] local app infinitely hangs

Hi mates, during the migration to Flink 1.6.1, I've faced with the following issue - flink application hangs infinitely, when application is running from IDE, at the same time, everything works fine on cluster.
Seems that problem is occurred during termination of Flink cluster, I’ve checked in 1.6.0 version everything works fine.

I was trying to find the problem, but didn’t find anything valuable yet. Maybe someone can help me.

During research, I’ve found the following difference: in both apps job is moved into FINISHED state, but in hanging one I couldn’t find the following log message

org.apache.flink.runtime.dispatcher.StandaloneDispatcher | Job d961010e1e73b804b48f6adf0f102345 reached globally terminal state FINISHED.

Maybe it will be useful, also I've attached logs from both versions of my application and thread dump of hanging one, I’ll continue my research, all ideas and suggestions will very useful.

Thx !

Here is a code snippet, that I’m trying to run

import org.apache.flink.api.common.typeinfo.TypeInformation
import org.apache.flink.api.common.typeutils.base.StringSerializer
import org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.source.FromElementsFunction
import org.apache.flink.streaming.api.scala.StreamExecutionEnvironment
import org.scalatest.Matchers
import org.scalatest.WordSpec

class ApplicationJobSpec extends WordSpec with Matchers {
  "The ApplicationJob" should {

    "integration test" in {
      val serializer = new StringSerializer()
      val fixedSource = new FromElementsFunction[String](serializer, "my element")

      val environment = StreamExecutionEnvironment.createLocalEnvironment(1)

      implicit val typeInfo = TypeInformation.of(classOf[String])
      environment
        .addSource(fixedSource)
        .print()

      environment.execute()