Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/01 19:35:01 UTC

wicket 1.4.12 and wicket-push 1.4.8

I am using wicket 1.4.12 and wicket-push 1.4.8 , will this combination work
fine  or can cause any issues ?
I cannot upgrade to wicket push   to 1.4.12 because of bugs .
Please   tell me if it is ok to use this combination ?

Re: wicket 1.4.12 and wicket-push 1.4.8

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.
ok i will try the new version and test it .
why I need push here is I display status in each of these panels.

mine is a workflow application as workflow changes for a PK I have to update
the current status which is shown in these panels.

Re: wicket 1.4.12 and wicket-push 1.4.8

Posted by Rodolfo Hansen <kr...@gmail.com>.
IT does not work well for components INSIDE the datatable,

You are not using push behavior correctly, if the push behavior adds a
persistence communication channel between a component and the server,
the channel will break once the component is removed.

I still don't understand why you need push in these examples...

Posted by Sebastian <no...@gmx.net>.
As part of wicketstuff 1.4.13 we have the new implementation released
now. give it a try and also check the examples since the API has changed.

Regards,

seb

Posted by Rodolfo Hansen <kr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, this is safe.

Sebastian did some great work cleaning up the original API and classes.

The examples have also been extended to make the usage scenarios much
clearer.

We are working on moving all this work into wicketstuff right now, we
would love for you to test it later as it becomes available, but please
feel free to use the previous (1.4.8) release as it is still the most
stable.