Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by newbie-gero <ch...@e7tech.com> on 2008/04/27 11:16:55 UTC

File structure of the files when deploying on Geronimo

Greetings,
i have questions and i hope you all can help me.
I have been trying out geronimo and i do have some questions on which type
of file structure to deploy the codes.

I have been deploying my codes all in a directory without compressing them
in .war or .ear extension on jboss and tomcat. Below is the tree of the
directory i deployed in jboss or tomcat and it is running well. The ims.war
name in the tree below is the name of the directory, not a compress file.

ims.war/
|-- WEB-INF
|   |-- classes
|   |   `-- com
|   |       `-- IMS
|   |           |-- IMSObj
|   |           |   |-- loginDataObj.class
|   |           |   |-- loginDataObj.java
|   |           |   |-- newUserObj.class
|   |           |   `-- newUserObj.java
|   |           |-- bean
|   |           |   |-- loginDataBean.class
|   |           |   |-- loginDataBean.java
|   |           |   |-- newUserBean.class
|   |           |   `-- newUserBean.java
|   |           `-- connect
|   |               |-- ConnectData.class
|   |               |-- ConnectData.java
|   |               `-- connection.properties
|   |-- geronimo-web.xml
|   |-- geronimo-web.xml~
|   |-- lib
|   `-- web.xml
|-- checkLogin.inc
|-- checkUser.inc
|-- default_style.css
|-- index.jsp
|-- indexError.jsp
|-- login-logic.jsp
|-- loginPage.jsp
|-- logout-logic.jsp
|-- main_page.jsp
|-- style.css
`-- top-bannerTest.jsp

So my question for this topic is, is it possible to deploy the above
structure as shown above into geronimo and see it runs or when using
geronimo applicaion server, it is a must for me to compress it as a war
file?

These are the file i deploy into jboss and tomcat. I have zip up the
contents. To deploy, i will unzip and copy the ims.war directory(not
compress) into the deploy folder for jboss and tomcat
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16921303/ims.war.zip ims.war.zip

This is the compress file of the ims.war which i use to deploy in geronimo
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16921303/ims.war ims.war

Thanks in advance and waiting for the guidance

Re: File structure of the files when deploying on Geronimo

Posted by Luciano Salotto <ls...@gmail.com>.
I think type element should be located at the module definition level,
something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1">
       <environment>
               <moduleId>
                       <groupId>sample2.applications</groupId>
                       <artifactId>IMSApp</artifactId>
                       <version>2.1</version>
                       <type>war</type>
               </moduleId>
       </environment>
       <context-root>ims</context-root>
</web-app>

If you check the schema documentation you'll see that there's no type
element defined at the web-app level

http://geronimo.apache.org/schemas-2.1/docs/geronimo-web-2.0.1.xsd.html

HTH

Luciano

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.

Posted by newbie-gero <ch...@e7tech.com>.
Hi,

security-realm-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
You can use inPlace deployment to deploy your application without having to