Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Nahrgang, Kyle" <Ky...@unisys.com> on 2015/07/30 17:10:13 UTC

Unreported errors during svn checkout

Using various versions of subversion, on both windows and linux, we have seen situations where subversion encounters a network error in the process of checkout out code in an svn:externals folder. When this happens, subversion will ignore the error and continue instead of ending with a bad exit status. If the same thing happens on a tree that is NOT an svn:external, then subversion will fail and return a bad exit status as expected.

Our building LAN has had some stability issues lately so this problem has been seen quite often. We have been trying to teach our automated build process to discover these errors, but that is difficult without subversion properly reporting them. We believe this is a bug that should be tracked.

Kyle Nahrgang | Senior Software Engineer | Virtual Systems Development

Unisys  |  2476 Swedesford Road  |  Malvern, PA 19355 |  385-2010 | 610-648-2010

[cid:image001.gif@01D0CAB7.CD37B370]

Re: Unreported errors during svn checkout

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.
Nahrgang, Kyle wrote on Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 15:10:13 +0000:
> Using various versions of subversion, on both windows and linux, we
> have seen situations where subversion encounters a network error in
> the process of checkout out code in an svn:externals folder. When this
> happens, subversion will ignore the error and continue instead of
> ending with a bad exit status.

Fixed in 1.9.0, which is scheduled for release this week.  The relevant
CHANGES entry is r1628398.