Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2019/08/19 23:16:25 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink 1.9.0, release candidate #3

Hi all,

Release candidate #3 for Apache Flink 1.9.0 is now ready for your review.

Please review and vote on release candidate #3 for version 1.9.0, as
follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 1C1E2394D3194E1944613488F320986D35C33D6A [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag “release-1.9.0-rc3” [5].
* pull requests for the release note documentation [6] and announcement
blog post [7].

As proposed in the RC2 vote thread [8], for RC3 we are only cherry-picking
minimal specific changes on top of RC2 to be able to reasonably carry over
previous testing efforts and effectively require a shorter voting time.

The only extra commits in this RC, compared to RC2, are the following:
- c2d9aeac [FLINK-13231] [pubsub] Replace Max outstanding acknowledgement
ids limit with a FlinkConnectorRateLimiter
- d8941711 [FLINK-13699][table-api] Fix TableFactory doesn’t work with DDL
when containing TIMESTAMP/DATE/TIME types
- 04e95278 [FLINK-13752] Only references necessary variables when
bookkeeping result partitions on TM

Due to the minimal set of changes, the vote for RC3 will be *open for only
48 hours*.
Please cast your votes before *Aug. 21st (Wed.) 2019, 17:00 PM CET*.

It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Gordon

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12344601
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.9.0-rc3/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1236
[5]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.9.0-rc3
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/9438
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/244
[8]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/VOTE-Apache-Flink-Release-1-9-0-release-candidate-2-tp31542p31933.html

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Flink 1.9.0, release candidate #3

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
@Chesnay

No. Users will have to manually build and install PyFlink themselves in
1.9.0:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.9/flinkDev/building.html#build-pyflink

This is also mentioned in the announcement blog post (to-be-merged):
https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/244/files#diff-0cc840a590f5cab2485934278134c9baR291

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shaoxuan Wang <ws...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations and thanks all for the great efforts on release1.9.

I have verified the RC#3 with the following items:

- Verified signatures and hashes. (OK)
- Built from source archive. (OK)
- Repository contains all artifacts. (OK)
- Test WordCount on local cluster. (OK)
    a. Both streaming and batch
    b. Web ui works fine
- Test WordCount on yarn cluster. (OK)
    a. Both streaming and batch
    b. Web ui works fine
    c. Test session mode and non-session mode

So +1 (binding) from my side.

Regards,
Shaoxuan

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink 1.9.0, release candidate #3

Posted by David Anderson <da...@ververica.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

- tested Flink's Java quickstarts
- tested Yarn deployment
- tested new web UI
- run quickstart job on Flink cluster
- reviewed release announcement and release notes

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Bowen Li <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@ververica.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- build the source release with Scala 2.12 and Scala 2.11 successfully
- checked/verified signatures and hashes
- checked that all POM files point to the same version
- started a cluster, ran a SQL query to temporal join with kafka source and
mysql jdbc table, and write results to kafka again.
  Using DDL (with timestamp type) to create the source and sinks. looks
good. No error in the logs.
- started a cluster, ran a SQL query to read from kafka source and apply a
group aggregation, and write into mysql jdbc table.
  Using DDL (with timestamp type) to create source and sink. looks good
too. No error in the logs.

Cheers,
Jark

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
+1

Legal checks:

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.
Thanks, Gordon, will do tomorrow.

---
Oytun Tez

*M O T A W O R D*
The World's Fastest Human Translation Platform.
oytun@motaword.com — www.motaword.com

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache Flink 1.9.0, release candidate #3