Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Keeg2 <af...@gfi.fr> on 2007/12/13 10:42:31 UTC

Robust in only and file component

Hi,

I want to use the file component in order to process copy and move
operations on file system.

In the move operation, I would be sure that the write operation success
before deleting the source file. Espacially because the destination
directory is an network directory and could be unavailable!.....

How can I do that? Can I use file component in order to initiate Robust
InOnly exchange?

Re: Robust in only and file component

Posted by Keeg2 <af...@gfi.fr>.
True, Simple InOnly works for that!

Thank you

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
RobustInOnly would not help here as it carry a fault, which is a business
error.
In your case, it would be an ERROR, as network connections are not part of
the business, but an infrastructure problem.
So a simple InOnly should work for that.  The file poller will not touch the
file if the exchange come back with an ERROR.

On Dec 13, 2007 10:42 AM, Keeg2 <af...@gfi.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use the file component in order to process copy and move
> operations on file system.
>
> In the move operation, I would be sure that the write operation success
> before deleting the source file. Espacially because the destination
> directory is an network directory and could be unavailable!.....
>
> How can I do that? Can I use file component in order to initiate Robust
> InOnly exchange?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/