Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Burkhardt Renz <Bu...@compuserve.com> on 2000/01/28 13:53:58 UTC

Testing fop 2

Testing fop

Hi,
I found the follwing problem while using and discovering fop
 I hope with this report I can help to improve fop.

BurkhardtRenz@compuserve.com

Problem Report 2

Subject:
static-flow

Problem:
Using a character  with code >127 in a static flow, for example the en-dash
in
a region-before.
The first time the static flow is formatted all is okay. And we see the
en-dash in pdf.
The second time we get the message ch150? and there is not en-dash but # in
pdf.

Work around:
Don't use characters where Unicode != WinAnsiEncoding in static-flows.

Analysis:
fop.layout.linearea.java. Line 164
The result of the transformation of char code to WinAnsiEncoding is written
back in the
char data[] given to addText. The effect in second formatting: the
character now has a
code, which is not found in the CodePointMapping.