Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by xavier chereau <Ch...@netscape.net> on 2000/10/13 11:58:53 UTC

Maybe a bug

I am trying to run the main() of org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process classe
to transform a XML file using a XSL stylesheet file from the command
line.
I get the following error :
NoClassDefException :
  org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.XSchemaValidator

I searched for this class in all the xerces package and I didn't found
it.
Could you please help me?

Xavier
phone number : 00 (33) 4 50 33 33 68

Re: Maybe a bug

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
xavier chereau wrote:

> I am trying to run the main() of org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process classe
> to transform a XML file using a XSL stylesheet file from the command
> line.
> I get the following error :
> NoClassDefException :
>   org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.XSchemaValidator
>
> I searched for this class in all the xerces package and I didn't found
> it.
> Could you please help me?

Xavier --

1.  If you upgrade to the latest version of XalanJ, this problem should
go away.  What version are you on?
2.  Are you running on a platform that's trying to preload Java
classes.  This class is referenced as a return type in DTM but the
method in which it appears is never invoked so you shouldn't be looking
to load it.  What platform are you on and are you running with some
unusual compiler?

HTH,
Gary